* list NOT INCLUSIVE *
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #1
1330 Civic Drive, Walnut Creek, 94596
The history of fire protection in Walnut Creek, is a long and storied one, and Station #1 has been a part of it since the Central Fire Protection District was formed in 1923. The original station was located on Bonanza Street, between Locust and Main Street, housed an American LaFrance engine, and with mostly volunteer firefighters, covered the incorporated City of Walnut Creek, and about 32 square miles of surrounding land, including unincorporated Pleasant Hill.
In 1964 the Central Fire Protection District merged with the Mt. Diablo Fire Protection District to form the Contra Costa County Consolidated Fire Protection District, and a new station was built at 1330 N. Civic Drive. Being centrally located, Station 1 responds to over 2500 emergencies annually, and until January of 2011, this “downtown” station was staffed with six personnel, one engine company and one truck company. Currently, Station 1 is staffed with 5 personnel, with one three-person company on a new aerial ladder truck or "tiller," and a 2 person medical squad which responds to medical calls primarily in the City of Walnut Creek.
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #2
2012 Geary Road, Pleasant Hill, 94523
Fire Station #2, in Pleasant Hill, was originally part of the Central Fire Protection District, which served the City of Walnut Creek and surrounding unincorporated areas. The Station was located on Oak Park Blvd. and the building is now occupied by the Diablo Light Opera Company.
In 1964 Central Fire merged with the Mt. Diablo Fire District to become Contra Costa County Consolidated Fire Protection District. That same year, the current Station #2 was built at 2012 Geary Road, in Pleasant Hill.
Located between the County Fire District’s Administration building and the Contra Costa Regional Fire Communications Center, Station #2 is affectionately known as “The Deuce." Station #2 is home at any given time to three fire suppression personnel on three different shifts, including paramedics, and houses a 2010 Pierce, triple combination, Type I Fire Engine, and an HME Type III wildland fire engine.
Station #2, now 47 years old, covers a diverse area of residential, commercial and wildland properties in Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek and Lafayette.
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #3
1520 Rossmoor Parkway, Walnut Creek, 94595
Fire Station #3 is located at 1520 Rossmoor Parkway in Walnut Creek and houses a Type 1 Fire Engine and a Type 3 wildland engine, staffed with a crew of 3 personnel that respond to emergent and non emergent service calls totaling over 2300 runs a year. The current fire house was opened in 1995. Prior to the Rossmoor Parkway location, Fire Station 3 was located at 2273 Whyte Park Ave. in Walnut Creek. The station has always carried the number 3 but started out as part of the Central Fire Protection District which merged with the Mt. Diablo Fire Protection District late in 1964 to form the Consolidated Fire District. Further mergers over the years lead to the formation of the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District in 1996 with a total of 30 station locations. Station 3 proudly serves the citizens of Walnut Creek as well as the cities that it shares borders with, Lafayette and Alamo. Seamless operation between the local fire stations assures the highest level of service is delivered, regardless of boundary lines.
Fire Station 3 is staffed 24 hours a day, year round and will continue to serve its citizens, providing the highest level of care possible.
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #4 (CLOSED)
700 Hawthorne Drive, Walnut Creek, 94596
Station #4 is located in the south end of Walnut Creek on the corner of Hawthorne Dr at Palmer Rd. It was built in 1956 and is easily recognized by its chalet style roof over the apparatus room. It is staffed by a total of 3 personnel on duty each day on 3 different shifts. It houses a Type 1 KME 1500 gpm Fire Engine which proudly serves the citizens of Walnut Creek and Contra Costa County.
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #5
205 Boyd Road, Pleasant Hill, 94523
Engine Five in Pleasant Hill serves not only Pleasant Hill, but covers parts of Walnut Creek, Concord, Martinez and Lafayette, all in its "first due" area.
Station Five houses one "type 1" engine company of three firefighers every day. There is also a water tender which is use to support fire incidents, primarily wildland fires, and has 1200+ gallons of water capable of refilling fire engines while at an incident.
Engine Five protects many schools (including Pleasant Hill Middle, Sequoia Middle, Sequoia Elementary, Gregory Gardens, Strandwod, Cambridge Elementary, Fair Oaks School, and others), many churches (Christ the King, Faith Lutheran, Mormon Church on Boyd, 7th Day Adventists, Hilllcrest Congregational, Free Methodist, Church of the Resurrection and others), and many senior living facilities (Chateaus 1, 2, 3, Chateau at Poets' Corner, Courtyards at Pine Creek, and others). Five also protects many businesses on Contra Costa Blvd, Crescent Drive, and the Monument corridor. The Walnut Creek Channel, the Contra Costa Canal and Grayson Creek, as well as the 680 freeway, all run through Five's area. We proudly serve the residents of central Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Concord, Martinez, and Lafayette.
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #6
2210 Willow Pass Road, Concord, 945
Station 6 Personnel
Dual company house
Engine 6 (Three personnel)
Truck 6 (Three personnel)
Battalion Chief 2
Located in the heart of downtown Concord, Fire Station #6 rests on the corner of Willow Pass Road and Grant Street. The Spanish style, white adobe facade overlooks Todos Santos Park and serves the citizens of Concord. In 1929, Mt. Diablo Fire Protection District and the Concord Fire Department merged and formed the Mt. Diablo Fire District. The station was built in 1938 and is honored as a Historical Building by the Concord Historical Society. In 1964, Station 6 was born into the modern day Contra Costa County Fire Protection District.
As the busiest firehouse in the Fire District, the Animal House immediately serves the area surrounded by Highway 4, Interstate 680 and Highway 242. Twenty one personalities call 6 our home away from home and continue the traditions of fighting fires, helping the sick and giving back to the community. We house Engine 6, Truck 6 and Battalion 2. Engine 6 is our main pumper at fires. Truck 6 specializes in water and rope rescue, ladder operations, vehicle extrication, and all around being cool. Battalion 2 is a chief officer's vehicle and the Battalion Chief is primarily resonsible for all the crews location in Battalion 2. Both the engine and the truck respond to medical emergencies.
The crews at Station 6 are a part of the community. We conduct station tours for local preschools, perform engine demonstrations at local schools, and help raise money for the Bikes for Tykes Charity Program through our annual Bikes for Tykes Golf Tournament in the Fall.
Always armed with stickers, approach us at the weekly Farmer's Market, at the grocery store, and anytime in between calls!
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #10
2955 Treat Blvd., Concord, 94518
Located at 2955 Treat Blvd. in Concord, adjacent to the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District Training Center, Station 10 was built in 1967. It is staffed with a total of 3 personnel per day who cross-staff a Type 1 Engine and a new Pierce Rescue unit. Station 10 is responsible for responding to multiple hazards in the District including: emergency medical services, structure and wildland fire protection, vehicle extrication, rope rescue, confined spaces, swiftwater rescue, trench rescue and more. It is nicknamed "The Gathering Place" due to the fact that it is the place where everyone congregates when at Training, the Shop or Supply, which are all housed on the same 12 acre lot.
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #12 (CLOSED)
1240 Shell Ave., Martinez, 94553
“Station #12” is one of three fire stations proudly protecting the city of Martinez and its unincorporated areas. This fire station was formally known as the “Mountain View Fire District”; getting its name because of its geographical location which offers clear views of Mt. Diablo which is located about 10 miles to the southeast. When the station was built in the mid 1950’s, it was the only fire station in the Mountain View Fire District. Back in the early days, the station’s sole responsibility was to serve only the unincorporated area of Martinez. However, it became part of the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District on December 1, 1966 at which time the station extended its response boundaries into other areas of Martinez.
Due to the station’s location near refineries and other heavy industrial plants, Station 12 was given the nick name “Ground Zero” because the explosive potential associated with being located near the center of a catastrophic industrial event.
Station 12 is home to a couple very key pieces of fire apparatus. First is a Ladder Truck. It has a 75 foot ladder used to perform a multitude of rescues and other tasks from tall buildings or tall residential structures. Additionally, it carries the “Jaws of Life” which is used to free occupants from vehicle entrapments. Next is a smaller four wheel drive fire engine used for protecting the hills, homes and open spaces in and around the Martinez area. While Station 12 has these two types of fire apparatus housed in the station, there is only one crew of only 3 firefighters residing there. Depending on the type of emergency, the station captain chooses what piece of equipment to respond to the incident with. Importantly, both types of equipment also offer quick response 24/7 Paramedic Emergency Medical Services to citizens and visitors of Martinez.
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #15
3338 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Lafayette, 94549
Station #15 is one of the three (currently Station #16 is closed) Contra Costa County Fire Protection District stations serving the citizens of Lafayette. It is located at 3338 Mt Diablo Blvd. serving the downtown areas and is the busiest station in Lafayette. The station originally served as the headquarters station for the City of Lafayette. The Lafayette Fire Protection District became part of the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District on January 1, 1969, after the City of Lafayette became a City and voted to annex to the Contra Costa County Fire District. We also serve the citizens of the adjoining communities of Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Moraga and Orinda, as well as the unincorporated areas around Lafayette. The station houses one crew of three people (Captain, Engineer and Firefighter, one of which is a Paramedic) operating two pieces of equipment, an Engine (our main piece of equipment) and a 4-wheel drive unit designed to fight fires in the hills in the adjoining areas. The station also houses the Contra Costa County 2nd District Supervisor’s Lamorinda Office, Supervisor Candace Anderson.
East Contra Costa Fire Protection District - Station #54
739 First Street, Brentwood, 94513
Prior to 1928, fire protection in Brentwood was comprised of the people of the community. After being alerted of a fire by a sounding bell they would join forces and form a bucket brigade. In 1928, the Brentwood Fire Department was organized. The Department was made up of volunteers who used an old four cylinder Star-Durant and a 1917 Chevrolet Touring car that were modified for firefighting until the first Seagraves Engine was received in 1929. The equipment was housed in various garages in the downtown area until 1930, when the County built the first fire station. In 1937, the original fire station was moved to make room for the building of a new club room and engine bay, which is the base of what Station 54 is today. Then in 1941, the Department added another engine bay and then later added two more bays to house additional apparatus. Today Station 54 is part of the East Contra Costa Fire Protection District and is staffed with a three person crew and houses a Type 1 engine, a Type 3 engine, and a Water Tender. Station 54 is centrally located within the District and along with serving the citizens of downtown Brentwood, it frequently responds to the neighboring communities for assistance.
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #69
4640 Appian Way, El Sobrante, 94803
Fire Station #69, “The Rooster Ranch” is located in El Sobrante, California in what has been classified as the “west side." El Sobrante is a small town and coincidently translates in English as “leftover." The fire station was built in 1948 and is the only fire station in the district which has 2 stories. It was originally named Fire Station #1 for the El Sobrante Fire Department. In 1984 the El Sobrante Fire Department merged with San Pablo Fire to become The West County Fire Department. In 1995 the West County Fire Department joined with Consolidated Fire and Riverview Fire to become Contra Costa County Fire.
Station 69 is a part of Battalion 7. This is the most unique battalion in the district. Battalion 7 is made up of several different fire departments and several different Chiefs. Departments included in Battalion 7 are Contra Costa Fire, Pinole Fire, Rodeo-Hercules Fire, and Crockett Fire. There are currently two County Fire Stations in Battalion 7, stations 69 and 70. There is also a close working relationship with neighboring departments in Richmond and El Cerrito.
Station 69 is a two story fire station but also has a basement that is considered by some to be haunted. The station houses a Type 1 Engine, Type 3 wildland engine, spare Type 1 Engine, and a rescue pickup truck. The Battalion 7 Chief also responds out of this station. Station 69 is a part of the West County USAR team. Station 69 proudly serves all of the citizens in the West.
Pinole Fire Department - Station #73
880 Tennent Ave., Pinole, 94564
Station #73, located at 880 Tennent Avenue, is the Fire Department for the City of Pinole. The Pinole Fire Department has been serving the City and its residents for over 40 years. The current firehouse was opened in 1984 and provides services to the City, as well as Tara Hills, Bay View, Montara Bay and northern Alhambra Valley. Engine 73 is a member of Battalion 7 in West Contra Costa County along with Engines 75 & 76 from the Rodeo-Hercules Fire District and Engines 69 & 70 from Contra Costa County Fire. With the closure of Station 74 in July of 2011, Station 73 now runs an average of approximately 2300 calls for service annually.
Station 73 has three apparatus in service, which are staffed by a four-person ALS crew. Engine 73, is a Type 1 rescue pumper and is the first out on a majority of calls. Engine 273 is a Type 2 four-wheel-drive wildland engine designed for vegetation and structure fires. Truck 73 is a “quint” equipped with both an 80 foot aerial ladder and pumping capabilities. The complement of our apparatus, combined with paramedics on each crew, provide the city and surrounding areas with the full range of fire, EMS, rescue, hazmat and other emergency and non-emergency services.
There are many other services provided by Station 73 to the community, either in-house or collaboratively with our partners in Battalion 7. Such services include: a smoke detector program and bicycle helmet program (Pinole residents only), certified car seat inspections, fire prevention and inspections, weed abatement inspections, and C.E.R.T. instruction.
The crews at Station 73 also perform many station tours to the public. The station has one of the only functioning brass fire poles in Contra Costa County, and is very popular with our visitors. Our firefighters also barbecue at many public functions, donate birthday parties at the station for fundraisers, deliver Santa to the tree lighting ceremony annually, and participate in many public safety functions.
Over half the members in the department are either current or former residents of the city and surrounding areas and are dedicated to the safety of the community and residents they serve.
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #81
315 W. 10th St., Antioch, 94509
Contra Costa County Fire Station #81 is currently located at 315 W. 10th St, and was built in 1957. This building has gone through several remodels with the most recent one in 2008. The Antioch Fire Department, and Fire Company Number One was founded in 1897. It was an all volunteer department and had one downtown station. CCCFPD Station 81 has a trophy case near the front door filled with old Antioch Fire Department memorabilia, including helmets, uniforms, photos, firefighting tools, awards, and memorials that date as far back as the late 1800's.
Station 81 is part of Battalion 8. It's a single company firehouse, staffed with three firefighters, with one being trained as a paramedic. Station 81 is the busiest station in Battalion 8, and runs over 3,000 calls annually. Station 81's first due area is the north part of town between Highway 4 and the delta. There are three apparatus at the station including a Type 1 Engine designed for structure firefighting, a newer HME Type 3 wildland engine designed for wildland firefighting, and a spare Type 1 fire engine. The station has several training props in the back parking lot, including a five story training tower, forcible entry props, a rooftop ventilation prop, and water drafting prop. It's also the location of the best orange tree and lemon tree in the entire county!
When the station was built in 1957 it was shared by the Antioch Fire Department and Antioch Police Department. The Antioch Police Station and Antioch City Jail was located next door. Parts of the current fire station was used by police personnel until Antioch built its new police station on 4th Street. The current fire station was also the location of the dispatch center for the Antioch Fire Department and later Riverview Fire Department, once the Antioch and Pittsburg Fire Departments were consolidated to create the Riverview Fire Department. The current station was also the location for the Antioch Fire Department's apparatus shop, and later served as the shop for the Riverview Fire Department. In 1995 Riverview consolidated with Contra Costa Fire, and the dispatch and shop facilities were moved to Pleasant Hill and Concord respectively. Station 81 served as the Battalion Chief's quarters for Battalion 8, until new Station 85 was opened in 2010 and the Battalion Chiefs quarters were moved there. Station 81 is the location of Contra Costa Fire's Fire Explorer Program, where young adults come to learn from and train with professional firefighters.
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #83
2717 Gentrytown Dr., Antioch, 94509
Built - 1972
Remodel - 2009
Area Served- Southwest Antioch including the Somersville Towne Center (mall)
3 personnel on-duty at a time on 3 different shifts
2007 100’ American LaFrance Quint
2004 International/West Mark Type III
Contra Costa County Fire - Station #84
1903 Railroad Ave., Pittsburg, 94565
Station #84 occupied our new location at 1903 Railroad Ave. in the City of Pittsburg on October 2010 and is named in honor of the former Fire Chief Scudero. The station moved from its downtown location which we occupied since 1964. Prior to that City of Pittsburg Police and Fire shared a building at the cities current post office location.
Fire station 84 was originally the City of Pittsburg’s Main Station 1 and housed the dispatch center. The station was consolidated with the City of Antioch in 1975 to form the Riverview Fire District. The station was designated as station 84, the current county identifier. In 1994 we formed the current fire district.
Current staffing at station 84 is three shifts of three personnel. The personnel at station 87 used to be the second company at station 84; for many years station 84 ran a truck and a fire engine until fire station 87 opened, and in a cost savings move, the second crew from 84 was moved to occupy the new station 87.
A new Pierce aerial ladder truck or "tiller" is assigned to the station. Our run volume has doubled since the move from our downtown location.
East Contra Costa Fire Protection District - Station #93
212 2nd Street, Oakley, 94561
Station #93 is located in Oakley and serves approximately 35,000 people. It is staffed by a crew of 3. The station houses 2 type 1 fire engines, 1 type 3 wildland unit and 1 water tender. Oakley is predominately a residential community with a few commercial and light industrial business areas. The Delta, highways and urban interface that is present in Oakley makes for a diverse call profile. On average station 93 responds to 4 to 10 emergency calls per day. The replacement station, paid for with developer fees from past projects, is currently under construction and is slated to open mid July 2011.