MAR
30

Fresno Fire Captain Critically Burned in House Fire Sunday

pete_dern_fresnoFD
On Sunday, March 29th, 25 year veteran Fresno (CA) Fire Department Fire Captain, Pete Dern was rescued by fellow firefighters after falling through a burning roof at the scene of a house fire. Fire Captain Pete Dern was transported to the hospital in critical condition after suffering second and third degree burns on at least 65 percent of his body.Please keep Pete, his family, and the rest of the Fresno Fire Department family in your thoughts and prayers.A www.youcaring.com donation site has be...
Continue reading
APR
05

Unattended Stove Top Fire Causes Fire in Bay Point, CA

bay_point_fire_040514
Bay Point, CA -- A fire this afternoon in Bay Point could have been prevented:CCCFPD fire crews responded to a house fire that began as an unattended stove top fire. The fire on Seaview Drive in Bay Point caused significant damage to the single family home.The best way to prevent a fire from happening in the kitchen is to never leave food unattended while cooking, even if you leave for just a few seconds. Always keep a fire extinguisher nearby in case of a fire. According to the USFA/FEMA, unatt...
Continue reading